Often you come across several resume writing tips. Most tips are generic and do not relate to every profile. The resume tips given to experienced candidates will always be different from the ones given to entry level candidates as there is a vast difference between the career profiles of both candidates. Hence the format of designing student resumes will be different from the usual format. Also, same is the case with resume website; the emphasis would be on highlighting the skills and capacities of student. Here are a few tips to create your own student resume website.
• Write a strong objective for the student resume. Include details of your career plans and how you will benefit the organization. Portray a strong career ambition and show signs that you are capable of achieving it.
• Highlight educational qualifications and skills more prominently than experience. As a student it is not expected for you to boast any experience. Hence, you can afford to keep this section small as long as you stress on your education and abilities.
• In resumes for students, experience will consist of internships, project work, voluntary work or summer jobs details. Try to put in as much details of your experience as possible.
• Maintain an order of objective, key skills, educational qualifications, certification, internship and work experience. It is ideal to put experience details in later part.
• While writing responsibilities, explain each duty in light of your prospective career. Try to give an impression that you have handled similar responsibilities in the past. Emphasize on how you used your communication and organizational skills in your previous jobs.
• Hobbies and extracurricular activities too, play an influential role in a student resume. It portrays the qualities of leadership, team spirit, cooperation of the candidate. Hence, mention details of the competition and events you participated during your student days.
• While proofreading your resume, think from your perspective and later from an employer's point of view. Analyze as a job seeker, if you have done justice to your qualifications and expectations. On the other hand, study your resume to find out what the resume offers to the recruiter. Make sure it matches with the job description/ eligibility criteria given in the advertisement.